PARTY PLANNING WITH BEAVER LIQUORS
Why Plan your party with Beaver Liquors? Beaver Liquors is in the business of helping you plan any party or event, whether it be for 2 or 2,000 people. We proudly offer the best prices, finest service and selection second to none. Beaver Liquors has over 30 years of experience in assisting people to plan thousands of successful events. Not only do we know the right wines, spirits and beers for your party, we will help you determine the quantity to purchase and still keep within your budget.
To get started, all you have to do is fill out the event planning form below and one of our event planning professionals will contact you with a quote.
Party Planning Request Form
We Can Help!
Let Beaver Liquors Help Plan Your Next…
- Event Fundraiser
- Corporate Gifting
- Surprise Party
- Cocktail Reception
- Bachelor Party
- Bridal Shower
- Baby Shower
- Costume Party
- Housewarming Party
- Pre-Party Party
- After-Party Party
- Block Party
- Welcome Party
- Farewell Party
- Anniversary Party
- and many, many more…
Wine Party Supplies
Use this handy guide to help calculate what wine party supplies you’ll need for your event.
- ½ bottle of wine/person for each 2-hour period. If your event begins before 5pm, or you are also serving liquor or beer: ½ bottle of wine/person per 3-hour period.
- If guests will serve themselves, add 10% to your estimate.
- Plan on 1.5 glasses per course per person.
- Each 750ml bottle will provide five 5-oz. servings.
- For each course multiply (# of guests) x (1.5) / 5 = # of bottles you will need per course.
- Less than 3 hours: 1.5 glasses per person.
- Over 3 hours: 2 glasses per person.
- Self-Service for guests.
- Offer a red, white and sparkling (if appropriate) for guests.
For larger gatherings, rent glassware from a local party rentals shop. Arrange each place setting with separate red and white wine glasses, plus a water glass. For fine wine tastings, there is varietal-specific glassware available that will enhance each wine’s specific character. Riedel is an excellent choice.
- Events before 5pm (or for outdoor events in warm weather): 70% white wine, 30% red wine.
- Events after 5pm: 40% white wine, 60% red wine.
White Wine Choices
- In general, Chardonnay is extremely popular, and also very versatile. Sparkling wines are also a terrific, food-friendly option.
- On a warm day, you may also choose to serve a crisp, refreshing Sauvignon Blanc. If you are serving spicy foods, Riesling is a perfect pairing.
- Fruity desserts and sweet appetizers pair wonderfully with white dessert wines such as icewines or Auslese/Beerenauslese Riesling.
Red Wine Choices
- Pinot Noir is very versatile and an excellent red wine choice for warmer weather.
- Merlot is a popular crowd pleaser because of its chocolate flavors and soft finish.
- Zinfandel offers jammy fruit flavors that pair well with grilled foods.
- Full-bodied wines like Meritage Red, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah are recommended for pairing with beef, lamb, and other hearty main courses. Choose a port or port-style wine for after-dinner with strong cheeses or dark chocolate desserts.